The benefits of colostrum to the human body – from boosting the immune system to promoting cell repair are continually being researched and discovered. To benefit fully from colostrum’s healing properties, your supplements should be of the highest purity – from a company that you can trust to collect only the freshest colostrum, and meticulously test for bioavailability.
Scientists and researchers have tested the healing properties of colostrum supplements with over 2,000 scientific studies:
- Colostrum has been shown to prevent NSAID induced gut damage. NSAIDS are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs given for the treatment of pain. They are a common cause of gastritis. Colostrum has also been shown to possibly have value in the treatment of other ulcerative conditions of the bowel.
- Colostrum has been shown to enhance serum IGF-I, IgG, hormone and saliva IgA during athletes’ training. In clinical trials, IGF-1 is known to have strong anabolic effects on muscle tissue, as it is able to mimic most of the actions of growth hormone. Colostrum appears to aid strength and speed in athletes, plus increase insulin, which has anabolic effects.
- Antibodies from colostrum in oral immunotherapy have aided treatment of various human infections, including those caused by antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- Insulin-like growth factors I and II have been found in bovine colostrum. They stimulate the immune system; promote cell repair and growth; and affect how the body uses fat, protein and sugar. IGF-I is of benefit to athletes, body builders and people concerned about weight because it can help burn fat and encourage lean muscle tissue. IGF-I also has been shown to have improved blood sugar profiles in type II diabetics.
- The immunoglobulins from colostrum were used successfully to treat diarrhea in HIV infected patients.
- Bovine immunoglobulin concentrate may provide a new approach to the treatment and prevention of C difficle antibiotic associated with diarrhea and colitis.
- Colostrum was used successfully to treat a Helicobacter pylori infection in infants in rural Bangladesh with immunoglobulins from hyper immune bovine colostrum.
- Studies showed the efficacy of bovine milk immunoglobulin concentrate in preventing illness after Shigella flexneri Challenge. Most who are infected with Shigella develop diarrhea, fever, and stomach cramps after they are exposed to the bacterium.